This 10 minute tuna pasta is one of my favourite dishes to serve when I am pressed for time or not feeling much like cooking. Most of the people I know always tell me they hate tuna, and I tell them “you won’t after you try my tuna pasta”. I can proudly say, I haven’t had a single person tell me I’m wrong yet. Actually some of my friends say that it tastes more like chicken, hmmmm not sure about that!, but it is a meal that the family will love.
It’s a really simple pasta, and it’s a bit of a cheat too because I use pre-made pasta sauce from the supermarket, but it’s so delicious.
- 1 large tin of tuna in oil (I use Sirena Italian Tuna in Olive Oil)
- 1 jar of Napolitano Pasta Sauce
- 500ml thickened cream
- 1 pack of spiral pasta
- Put your spiral pasta on to boil. (I’m just gonna go ahead and assume you know how to boil pasta )
- Open your tin of tuna and drain MOST of the oil NOT all of it. You need some of the oil left in to cook your tuna. I usually leave about 2 tablespoons of oil in there.
- Pour the tuna with the oil into a fry pan on medium heat and cook for about 2-3 minutes, do not let it get dry.
- Pour the pasta sauce into the frypan with the tuna.
- Mix it all up and leave to simmer for 1 minute
- Pour in the thickened cream.
- Mix in the cream and then leave it to simmer while you wait for your pasta to finish boiling.
- When your spiral pasta is cooked, drain and serve…..
Voila…10 minute Tuna Pasta…fast, easy, economical and delicious!