#sponsored by Flora.
Oh this whole healthy eating thing has actually started to take hold in our house, can you believe it. I haven’t eaten a chocolate bar in months. That is unheard of in our family, we are all huge sugar addicts.
I think the thing that has really made me take this healthy eating thing a little more seriously is having shingles last year. That was like a huge wake up call for me that I have not been caring for myself the way that I should be. Maybe it didn’t matter so much when we were in our 20’s, but the older I get the more I am starting to realize that you just can’t eat garbage and expect to feel good. Eventually it’s all going to catch up, and I really don’t want it to catch up to me in the form of something like a heart attack.
- 1 1/2 cups wholemeal flour
- 3 crushed Weet Bix
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 150gm Flora Buttery Margarine
- 1/4 cup organic rice malt syrup
- 1/4 cup raisins or dried apricots
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup cacao powder
- 2 tablespoons organic rice malt syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- First you want to grease and line a slice tray with baking paper.
- Melt the margarine over a low heat on the stove, and then combine into a large mixing bowl with all the dry ingredients for the base of the slice.
- Pour the base ingredients into the slice tray and press down until firm.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180c for 20-25 minutes, or until golden brown.
- When baked, leave to cool and prepare the chocolate topping.
- Place ingredients except for the cacao powder into a small saucepan and slowly melt over a low heat. When all ingredients are melted mix in the cacao powder until you have a smooth sauce.
- Allow to cool and then spread over the base of your slice, and then pop it into the fridge for 20 minutes so that the chocolate topping can firm up.
Loved this recipe? Don’t forget to pin it so you can find it when you need it. While you’re at it, feel free to follow my Recipes Board so you can always find my recipes.